Logo

2020 BF150 Diagnostic Tool

JKJ

Having trouble locating a diagnostic kit for this year model. They seem to stop at 2006.
Anyone know where i can find one ?
Thanks

Hi,
Hopefully Ian will answer you. He's a pro tech that helps people here. I saw a post recently where he commented on the year model diagnostic connections not having changed so he may have some advice for you.
This one, (link below) MEDS, lists coverage to 2016 but read the ad carefully and you will see that they don't recommend buying! They say Texa or Cojali is "better" but I doubt that any of them is worth the money. The Texa and Cojali ads don't even list year models covered.
The Meds tool is listed on Amazon for less money than in this ad but, MAN!, pretty expensive still!

https://marinediagnostictools.com/products/meds-marine-diagnostics-honda-tohatsu

Good luck.

Last edited:
I’ve always wondered why a Honda and in my case Suzuki automotive shops can’t run diagnostics on their marine engines. To my understanding both automobile manufacturers have taken their auto engines and reconfigured them for marine applications. It would sure be handy for us living in rural areas, it always seems the automotive shops are closer and way more plentiful than Honda’s marine shops.

I have heard that the Healtech tool for Honda F.I. motorcycles works on the outboards but I personally can't confirm that.

Well...interestingly, under the Healtech compatibility heading, the latest years listed for BF 130, BF 135 and BF 150 are 2006. For the BF 225 it lists 2007. I didn't check under all models but do wonder what's up with that?

$229 American is more in line for a diy tool though....if it works.

Bottom line is buyer beware.

Back