Logo

2016 Honda BF 50, where are the internal zincs??!!

Ingmar

New member
Hello folks, I've got this 2016 Honda 50, -fuel injected- and, as far as I can find, no service manuals are available anywhere, and nobody seems to know anything about these engines! (our house is boat access only, and everybody around here (BC Central Coast) goes by boat more often than by car) The carbureted Honda 50's were hugely popular around here, people had them for 20 years and everybody knows everything about them... So I'm trying to change the internal zincs, can't find them, no shop manuals are available, no Honda shop in BC is willing to help and there's nothing at all on YouTube either, so if anybody out there can advise me on how/where to change the internal zincs, please help!! Thanks, Ingmar:confused:
 
If you look at the intake manifold you will see two twist off caps with flat ends, turn anteclockwise to remove, you will find two small anodes. On the port side there is the same anode. as the carb models under the exhaust cover.
 
Thanks a lot, I found the ports, and I've got the correct zincs according to the Honda exploded parts diagram for this engine, but they don't fit! I've ground them down several times and they still don't fit. Should I keep on grinding, or??
 
Back
Top