Logo

What year is my motor

"Thanks Graham that is a big h

"Thanks Graham that is a big help,right now i need little stuff but you never know down the road what i will need"

"hi graham, sorry to bother y

"hi graham, sorry to bother you about my engine again. my brother in law has cleaned the carb out etc. its still not not working correctly.

the only way we got it started was by giving it full choke, it then ran for a bit but when we tried to slowly take the choke off , the engine would just die. they was also petrol on the spark plugs then.

just wondered if you had any more suggestions? could it actually be a faulty switch box?

many thanks

richard"

"hey Graham i know you are a m

"hey Graham i know you are a merc guy but i have a question about the evinrude. i got it running but at slow speeds it cuts out at fast speeds it runs real smooth,i cleaned the carb a couple times but it didnt help.any ideas"

can you tell me the year of my

can you tell me the year of my mariner 8hp no 09630751 carb wmc 1090 18b and also she runs great in the test tank but on the boat she dies under load am i looking at a new diaphram

"hi, we have a mercury 800 80h

"hi, we have a mercury 800 80h/p blue band thunderbolt that was built in Australia, it's cerial number is 3312817A, i am trying to findout what year it was built, and do you know where i could find a workshop manual for it as i have hunted everywhere without any luck, thanks from chris."

First Time to use net to get i

First Time to use net to get info. We have a Black Max Mercury with Ser. # 6221382 the cover on sides shows 150 but the front cover has 200.HP on it. can you help??? What is the year & HP ???? Thanks Rod in Alaska

Christine I'm only guessin

Christine I'm only guessing here I would say '73-'75.I'm not familer with Australian #'s You can get the online manual or the Seloc Outboards 1965-89 from this site. Andrew who runs this site does ship manuals international but not parts.

I have a 15HP Mariner Marathon

I have a 15HP Mariner Marathon outboard. The number inside on the round silver disc is 102542. does anyone know what year this is please.

"Stewart, that is a 1992 Yamah

"Stewart, that is a 1992 Yamaha built model (Yami model ref 684B) which was identical to Yamaha's own model 15B which saw production begin in 1978."

i have a mercury 1150 115 hp t

i have a mercury 1150 115 hp thunderbolt ignition serial # 7018775 wondering if anyone could tell me the year and any other info
Thanks

"Kevin that is a 1977 or 78, C

"Kevin that is a 1977 or 78, Canadian built model according to the serial.

But something doesn't sound right. The straight 6 1150's of that vintage had a distributor style ignition (like a car), not Merc's Thunderbolt.

Is this model a straight 6 (inline) and does it have a distributor???"

"Thanks Graham it is a straigh

"Thanks Graham it is a straight 6 and the front cover on the motor does say Thunderbolt Ignition but now that you mention it, it did look
like a distributor style ignition I will check when I get up to the trailer this weekend
Thanks again"

"How can I find the year of my

"How can I find the year of my engine? The serial number is 9385696, but the tag indicates it was made in Belgium. Most of the sites I've found don't have 9 series numbers."

"How can I find the year of my

"How can I find the year of my engine? The serial number is 9385696, but the tag indicates it was made in Belgium. Most of the sites I've found don't have 9 series numbers.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention it's an 18hp."

"That's because most sites

"That's because most sites are US based.

Beligan serials start with 9, Aussie with 8, Canadian 7 - and US sites just don't usually cater to those.

However, my charts are not US

You have a 1984, Belgian built Merc model 18XD - it is mechanically the same as a US built model in the serial range 644xxxx thru 0A13xxxx and is a sister model to the 25XD of the same vintage with 99% of the parts being interchangable..."

please help need to know year

please help need to know year ser# 4736578 think it's a 1977 carb# wmk18-3 mercury 1150 can not find the carb.repair kit thanks

I HAVE A 1985 7.5hp MERC #7097

I HAVE A 1985 7.5hp MERC #7097163.
HOW DO I RAISE THE MOTOR?
THE LEVER UNDER THE MOTOR DOES NOT MOVE LIKE MY JOHNSON.

"Could you please tell me the

"Could you please tell me the year, HP etc of my Mercury 25XD, S/No 9409203, made in Belgium B4822 Verviers? It has a "QC79" stamp inside.

Many thanks for this site - it's been very helpful already..."

"Hello,
I am trying to find o

"Hello,
I am trying to find out the year of a 30 hp Mariner 689 L 419120. Also...any recommendation on type of lower unit gear lubricant to use before storing for the winter? Thanks..."

"Graham,
Much appreciate if y

"Graham,
Much appreciate if you could advise year of mnaufacturer of 100hp Mariner. The serial number is 0B373842. Strangley this is close to Eric's serial number above however I'm in Sydney Australia. Many thanks in advance"

Back