Logo

Whats it worth? 1989 Bayliner with 2.3 liter OMC motor

Scott B

New member
I am considering buying a 1989 Bayliner with a 2.3 Liter OMC motor to be used for parts. I only need a couple of parts right now (e.g. exhaust riser).
I found someone selling an entire boat with what I think is the same motor, etc as my 1988 OMC ... but it is missing the lower unit.
I get the boat, trailer, motor, no lower unit, etc.

Are the 1988 and 1989 OMC motors basically the same?

What is it worth?

What is the best way to get rid of the hull when I strip all the parts off. I assume the hull will be worthless.

Thanks,

Scott B
 
it's worth a few hundred...the value is in the trailer
trailers are easy to sell

I have gotten rid of a couple of hulls by advertising them free.

I put one in the landfill - cost around $150 to do that as I recall
 
Thanks. I went to see the boat today. Quite depressing. There were a lot of boats laying around the yard (farm yard, not boat yard). Most were uncovered and deteriorating quickly. The boat I was looking at had the lower unit removed. Motor was exposed to the elements. No cover. The asking price was $450 for the boat, trailer, and motor without drive on it. The parts I need are only a couple hundred dollars online (hopefully) so that is the way I am going to go. I do not think I could haul away the boat on the trailer since the tires were dry rotted. Sad. I have the same boat, one year older and it is in 100x better condition.
 
what you can do, is write "$150 delivered" or whatever, on the back of a business card and tell the guy to call if he wants to drop it off at your place you'll give him cash.
Someday when he needs $, he might call.
 
If you dont mind please send me the number of the guy that had the boat I am looking for a engine and a few other parts off of a bayliner. If he is not to far from me I would like to take a look at it.
 
Hello Mr. o2batsea,

This is my first boat. I had loaned a friend some money and I got the boat instead. I am learning a lot though, ... about boats, friends, etc.
I have learned that there are no cheap boat parts. Cheap boats yes, parts no.
All I can really say is that I am glad that my friend did not have a horse to give me :)

Regards,

Scott B
 
Back
Top