Logo

Trying to match fuel connector on 2006 30hp

suaveant

New member
I bought a pontoon with a 2006 30hp Honda outboard, and I think the fuel port must've been swapped out at some time because everything I see says this should have a rectangular securing pin on it. The Honda plug with the round pin for 4-8hp models has a smaller fuel port so that isn't it. I tried one that fit the ports but the pin wasn't long enough for the clip to catch on. Both the fuel port and securing pin are approximately the same diameter, the pin is just slightly longer than the fuel port.
fuelport.jpg
 
This is not a 2006 motor, those connectors were discontunued in 1998. You need to buy the conversion connector which comes with both male and female fitting
 
This is not a 2006 motor, those connectors were discontunued in 1998. You need to buy the conversion connector which comes with both male and female fitting

Pretty certain it is 2006. Info sticker says ""This engine's emission levels are below the 2006 standards"

I expect the fuel connector was replaced at some point
 
That sticker appeared on the back of the Honda's WAY before that standard was required. Agree this is a much earlier motor. If you talk to Honda, they're going to want to sell you the both sides of the updated/square pin connector which is a pretty expensive move. To get to the question, don't have a part number, but a Yamaha connector will work fine. Very easy to find them everywhere.
 
Back
Top