Logo

Resetting oil change alerts on 175 Suzuki 4 stroke

Darth Wader

New member
Hello, its my first post here. I have a new 175 Suzuki 4 stroke, and I have about 4 -5 hours run time on it.

I like to confirm if its correct that the oil light on the Tach gauge will flash continuously alerting me that its time for that 20 hour oil change?


How do I reset the alert for the 2nd oil change? You Tube says that you turn the key and pull the safety pin 3 times in under 5 seconds and that will reset?
Dealer says they reset it with a computer and send a printout to Suzuki, I wonder if its cheaper to change the oil yourself, etc. I have done oil changes on cars as well, its not hard, just wanted some more info on it. Thanks
 
I have a 2009 DF90A and change my oil myself. I take the lower unit covers off prior to draining the oil, some oil will dribble down between the plastic covers and the lower unit, by having the covers off cleanup is possible. I don’t put a lot of running hours per year on so I only change the filter every second year, engine oil changed annually. You being under warranty I’d bite the bullet and pay the dealership, I believe they also check the value clearance at 20 hour service, replace lower unit oil, check with them.

My owners manual says pull the emergency stop switch 3 times within 10 seconds, a conformation beep will be heard. The oil light should flash when an oil change is due, if the engine isn’t running the buzzer will begin series of double beeps. (Quote from owners manual)
 
I have a 2009 DF90A and change my oil myself. I take the lower unit covers off prior to draining the oil, some oil will dribble down between the plastic covers and the lower unit, by having the covers off cleanup is possible. I don’t put a lot of running hours per year on so I only change the filter every second year, engine oil changed annually. You being under warranty I’d bite the bullet and pay the dealership, I believe they also check the value clearance at 20 hour service, replace lower unit oil, check with them.

My owners manual says pull the emergency stop switch 3 times within 10 seconds, a conformation beep will be heard. The oil light should flash when an oil change is due, if the engine isn’t running the buzzer will begin series of double beeps. (Quote from owners manual)
Thanks for the response. I do agree about sending the boat to the dealer and let them do the oil change and gear oil as well. I think its about 500 hundred bucks with material and labor. :eek:
 
Back
Top