Logo

Orange tube on 2004 225

Wasque

Contributing Member
Anybody know where this orange tube should actually start and end?!

Attachments

• 03244DD7-89B6-478C-8867-46EC3AC035B5.jpeg
    03244DD7-89B6-478C-8867-46EC3AC035B5.jpeg
    598.5 KB · Views: 26
Its the VST drain tube. It attaches at the base of the fuel pump. I just bought a similar model the BF200 and my drain was difficult to open but a shot of PB blaster helped. You will need a really long flat head screw driver and don't take the screw out. One of the other forums talked about it being very difficult to put back in. Just open it enough to drain out the fuel, have it drain into a clear glass so you can see if there is sediment or water. I had to take a slight suction on the hose but once it started to run it ran out pretty fast.

Thanks - Given that I’ve never touched it, is it something that should be done periodically? My engine has a racor filter and runs very well so I doubt there’s any water or sediment in there, but never know.

Thanks….I’m probably going to leave it alone but will at least have a look while the cover is off, if I can!

VST should be drained every 100 hours when you pull the regularly scheduled 100 hour maintenance.

If the set screw won't come loose, soak it in PB Blaster for a while, then put the blade of a well fitting screwdriver in the slot and tap, tap, tap. Repeat until it comes loose. Turn screw 3 turns counterclockwise while end of hose is in clear clean jar. If nothing comes out, turn on the key switch briefly to pressurize the fuel system.

If nothing still comes out, blow compressed air up the hose. If nothing still comes out, apply suction to the hose. If nothing still comes out, remove the right upper cowling and remove the set screw. Blow compressed air into there. If still nothing, then you should remove the VST and service it and clean out the drain passage.

When replacing the set screw, apply a light coat of grease.

Don't ask why I know all of this!

Back