Logo

New guy here, first boat, many questions.

Good I am in Northern MN and NW Ontario, running in mostly oligotropic or late stage mesotropic waters. No need to flush. For instance Leech Lake which might fall into a mid mesotropic lake. The greatest offender is fuel with MN one of 6 states which have heavy ethanol mandates.

Hey again. Not to bring up an old post but i will start working on my boat motor tomorrow. Bought an OEM johnson/evinrude fuel line/primer bulb/quick disconnect set and have a can of omc engine tuner coming tomorrow.

Boat engine has not run for a long period for a while. Should i add anything down the plug holes to help free up the rings etc before i actively start attempting to run the engine and run engine tuner through it? Planning to also premix the fuel in the tank until i can verify the VRO system is working and correct. Am i safe to run amsoil sabre at 100:1 right off the bat or should i richen it up initially at 80:1.

Anything else i should do tomorrow that im not thinking of or overlooking for what i plan to do please speak up and let me know.

The goal for this weekend is to get boat engine running, run engine tuner through it, see if it helps raise compression up, and from there start going through fuel, oil, ignition systems etc with service manual and check to see if everything is correct and adjust to correct/within spec if its not initially.

Thanks guys!! Your the best here.

Back