Logo

need a little imput on my 2002 225 honda stalling out at first start up

aristakat

Regular Contributor
okay guys what do u think
I have twin Honda
when I first start port one a ramp in neutral she reves , I squeeze fuel bulb seems a lttle soft , once I back off trailer or engage in forward she stalls . Now if I engage in forward fast and throttle up fast she seems to do fine. On this motor had fuel pump replace last year and primer bulb. once motor gets fuel primed doesn't happed rest of day only a beginning of day ?

seems fuel related any idea's ?
 
When is the last time you drained the VST? That's the first thing I would do and make sure the drain screw is good & tight. Then I would check/replace the HP filter. Finally, if that doesn't work, I would pull the HP fuel pump and check that screen underneath it.

Looking at it from the other end of the fuel system, the check valve in your pump up bulb may have failed and the fuel pump has to work harder to charge up the fuel system. If you have a separate Racor for that engine, you may want to change out the filter element. They do get clogged over time and a clogged fuel/water separator would also make the fuel pump work harder to charge the system.
 
Check the filters and maybe look to see if the idle rpm's are where they should be. Have you ever cleaned the IAC?
 
Back
Top