Logo

Motor cover or cowling for 1998 Honda 9.9 outboard

Rgasty

New member
Hello,
I'm hoping someone might be able to help me
find a cowling for my Honda 9.9 outboard. I think it is a 1998 model, serial #BABL-1209326.
Thanks
 
William is right. I too think it's a 97.

They don't sell new hoods for those old outboards but I doubt that you would want to pay for a new one anyway because it would probably be as much or more than the value of the outboard.

What about something liket what's in the link?

Those old twins were very much alike and many parts would interchange.


I'm not saying that one will be an exact fit but you could probably make it fit and then re-paint it and buy new 9.9 decals.

And, for $35 you wouldn't be out much if you couldn't make it work.

The hard part is talking the guy into shipping it. It's easy though to just take it to a UPS store and tell them to box it up with some bubble wrap.

I'd offer the seller a little extra for the trouble and get that puppy headed my way.

Just an idea.

Good luck
 
Back
Top