Logo

Mercury 3-cylinder 25 EFI 4-Stroke Not Getting Fuel

WillHans

Can anyone tell me if the fuel pump has a fuse other than the 20 amp on the top left side of the engine? I'm not getting fuel but the 20 amp tests good on my ohm meter. I've looked for another fuse (maybe an in-line), but can't find one.

I saw a 25 hp 4 stroke that has dirt in the hose connection at the engine preventing it from starting.

I've replaced the spark plugs, fuel filter, tank and all lines. Still cranks but won't fire. It does have fire to the plugs, but no smell of fuel. Is there a fuse for the fuel pump aside from the 20 amp on the top left side of the engine?

I've got a service manual and a subscription to Seloc On-line. They both show an in-line fuse in the schematic, but I can't find any fuse other than the 20 amp at the top left side of the engine. I've looked behind all the panels and still - - No fuse. The schematic indicates the pump is electric, but the pump has no electrical wiring connected to it that I can see. A new pump runs about $100. Should I just replace the pump and hope that fixes the problem?

Back