Logo

Mercury 150hk v6 twostroke bogging under load

hansmerc

Hello! first of all i need to try to find out model and year on my outboard since i cant find the serial number. i will post this in model/year forum too.

I need to now the aprox model so i can buy parts for it and i need som input to see if im right:

So the problem is, starts perfect, runs perfect at idle, i can also rev the engine in neutral. But when under load it either boggs down occasionally or all the time.
so what ive done:
-Cleaned carbs
-New fuel pump and checked hoses and everything
-new plugs
-new gas
-checked compression and its good and all cylinders.

Now im thinking its an ignition problem..

So im thinking about buying a new trigger and switch boxes.. any inputs here? :)

best Hans
merc1.jpg
merc2.jpg
merc3.jpg
merc4.jpg
merc5.jpg
merc6.jpg
merc6.jpg
trigger.png

Has oil injection been bypassed as oil tank on engine is empty! If you do not have the carb sync and linked correctly it will bogg

It is bypassed.. tried adjusting a littlebit , but problem is that i dont know what adjustment is right.. just been trying by how it looks 0-100% open.. and it looks correct from what im understanding
Has oil injection been bypassed as oil tank on engine is empty! If you do not have the carb sync and linked correctly it will bogg

Post the actual compression numbers here.-----And does spark jump a gap of 3/8" or more on each of the 6 leads ?

120psi on all cylinders , how to check the gap ?
Google “spark plug tester”, they’re cheap, or make one out of a couple prices of scrap wire attaches to a scrap of plywood.
if you buy one, get one you can adjust the gap & Spark lead goes into one end, other end clips to ground on motor.Then test each lead as advised.

Don’t buy one the “lights up”, you want to see the spark jumping the gap, or build one.

Attachments

• IMG_1279.jpeg
    IMG_1279.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 6
Back