Logo

Lower unit oil

You could speed up the process through heating the oil....Or let it stay in the hot sun. Now you have oil to use again. Have you repaired the leak?

You could speed up the process through heating the oil....Or let it stay in the hot sun. Now you have oil to use again. Have you repaired the leak?
I have a water pump kit but there's no water getting in. After the oil sat for a month it went back to the color of right out of the bottle and no water in the bottom of the cup. I changed the impeller last year so I will just put the new water pump kit in , in 4 years. Unless something comes up between now and then. I did think about reusing the oil since it was only used for 4 days. There's no cover on the cup but I guess there's not much that could get in there.

Yes I reuse oil too, run it through a disposable paint strainer. Now it's so very expensive. I may get some new quart containers and market my 50 gallons of synthetic Mobile product. It is extreme high quality for its lubrication and anti corrosion properties even to 25 percent water contamination.

Back