Logo

Looking for instructions for Boysen reeds on a 175 rude (1977)

StophinHousen

long story short I'm missing the instructions for these reeds and Boysen website is not working for any of my computers. Anyone have a copy of the instructions or a good photo ? I wanna make sure on the primary reed (which way they face) and the metal keeper if the rounded edge faces the reed plates or if it faces the intake thank you.

It's a 1977 Evinrude 175HP but id imagine other rudes and Johnsons have the same reed cages.

Just remove the reed blocks and old reeds and screw on the new ones. The big piece goes on first and then the smaller pedals on top of them then the little metal bar. Some people use blue loctite on the screws Rounded end to intake. Also need to rejet low end

Just remove the reed blocks and old reeds and screw on the new ones. The big piece goes on first and then the smaller pedals on top of them then the little metal bar. Some people use blue loctite on the screws Rounded end to intake. Also need to rejet low end

I get that part but the primary reed has one side with a small raised silver part and the metal tab has a smooth rounded side and a strait side, what photos Ive found online make it look like the strait side is facing the leaf plate. (I have some time so id rather confirm than slap it together and have to do it again.)

Jetting should be good, with altitude correction I've got the idle jets at .033 (still rich even compensating for Boysen reeds) but ive got .034 on standby in case i hear so much as a thought of a sneeze.

Back