Logo

I have a 1976 evinrude 25

pigman25

I know my evintude 25 I was goin down the river and my gears keep pop in back I neutral I was told it was my cluth dog .so I had it check and it was . now I'm told it could be my foot its a damn good motor.. Help please

I have a guy working on it and I told him about it so he took the clutch dog out and said that they where good and I know when I took it out it did same **** again but my father law got the same motor and he told me I could have foot off of his.

Most people don't know what a bad clutch dog looks like, and will say it looks good. If the ears are rounded over, it is bad. Likewise, where it mates up in the forward gear. If rounded over, it is shot. These are what makes it jump out of gear. All that other stuff USUALLY is a result of it jumping out of gear, not the cause of it. Or the result of somebody messing with it and not putting it together properly. I doesn't just happen for no reason.

Another thing: Most people deny the dog and gear are bad, because they are so expensive.

Attachments

• Clutch dog.jpg
    Clutch dog.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 25
Another misconception is the dog is only bad, the gear is also damaged so both must be replaced or a good machinist can cut the gear and replace the dog.

Back