Hi everyone, My name is Mike a pleasure to meet you all . So I am new here, and I came here knowing that I can get the best of the best help here !
First of all I have an odd problem with my Mercury 200hp . So the transom tag is unreadable, so I got the number off of the metal freeze plug B129380, problem is 3/4 of the sites I go to , cannot Identify the motor, and a couple could but only give me a general list of parts . I was wondering if someone here first of could actually identify this is a 1987, so I know I am looking at the right parts for it .
2nd problem is I need some assistance on the voltage regulator , it sits on top of the motor by the freeze plug , it looks like the image I have shown, and the part number I am being shown in the book (if this is the correct parts book) Mercury oem voltage regulator / 88825A7 , but appears no one sells it . You can go on Ebay, and find new/old stock but when you look up the number by just running it through google and amazon , you get a range of different versions For example like the 2nd picture with a bunch of wires coming out of it .. I dont know if this is an upgraded version or what or if it is even usable , so I was hoping for some feed back from someone who knows a lot better then me .
You will say "How do I know if mine is bad ?" Well I dont , I just purchased the boat, but looking at doing maintenance on the motor, I can see the regulator is pushed up in the center of the black compound (has a huge single lump), which normally is an indicator its blown, but if you have a method to testing this , I would be happy to try it .
The boat has been sitting for 10 years, and with everything thawing outside I was able to really get a good look, the motor is clean inside, no corrosion or anything, you can see they did an oil bypass at 1 point, and it looks as if it was taken care of , but again,I want to do a through maintenance and lube the cylinders before attempting turning the key .
My last question is , Would anyone have the part number for the water pump ? I need to replace it due to she has been sitting so long . I look forward to all the input and sorry this is a winded message, but wanted to provide all information I could ! Thank you again .
First of all I have an odd problem with my Mercury 200hp . So the transom tag is unreadable, so I got the number off of the metal freeze plug B129380, problem is 3/4 of the sites I go to , cannot Identify the motor, and a couple could but only give me a general list of parts . I was wondering if someone here first of could actually identify this is a 1987, so I know I am looking at the right parts for it .
2nd problem is I need some assistance on the voltage regulator , it sits on top of the motor by the freeze plug , it looks like the image I have shown, and the part number I am being shown in the book (if this is the correct parts book) Mercury oem voltage regulator / 88825A7 , but appears no one sells it . You can go on Ebay, and find new/old stock but when you look up the number by just running it through google and amazon , you get a range of different versions For example like the 2nd picture with a bunch of wires coming out of it .. I dont know if this is an upgraded version or what or if it is even usable , so I was hoping for some feed back from someone who knows a lot better then me .
You will say "How do I know if mine is bad ?" Well I dont , I just purchased the boat, but looking at doing maintenance on the motor, I can see the regulator is pushed up in the center of the black compound (has a huge single lump), which normally is an indicator its blown, but if you have a method to testing this , I would be happy to try it .
The boat has been sitting for 10 years, and with everything thawing outside I was able to really get a good look, the motor is clean inside, no corrosion or anything, you can see they did an oil bypass at 1 point, and it looks as if it was taken care of , but again,I want to do a through maintenance and lube the cylinders before attempting turning the key .
My last question is , Would anyone have the part number for the water pump ? I need to replace it due to she has been sitting so long . I look forward to all the input and sorry this is a winded message, but wanted to provide all information I could ! Thank you again .

