Logo

Honda BF90D 2010 running problem

jasoncalleja

Regular Contributor
hi my Honda bf90d 2010 this season is running rough and its like missing
it started when i start up and going out at 1800rpm there was a missing sounds like bogging
today i started the motor after it was in the garage for 15 days and tried to go out but it starts missing a lott and shaking it even shuts down
but it is not backfire than after about 10min and run it @wot it becomes ok and works fine except small missing every few seconds
i have recorded a video clip but i cant find how to upload it

Now one have an idea what could be wrong or where i have to start to repair it. Ij will appreciate if you could give me any idea. Thanks

Start with the basics, compression test, fuel pressure check and inspect condition of spark plugs.Has it been serviced properly, ie fuel filters etc?

Ok i will star to replace spark plugs change fuel filters and take injectors for clean up.
And yes basic service was don yearly since it have around 80hrs on it.
And since there was no alarms does a diagnosis will show the problem?
Thanks again

If there was no alarm you will not find a code. This will simply be a case of covering the basics including fuel pressure check.

today i went to star to check what may be wrong i started the motor in a water tank and worked fine. i know that this indicates more problems to find whats wrong

this is what i have done till now. i changed the fuel filters in the outboard changed spark plugs and took fuel injectors for cleaning.
ofter i installed all back i run it in the water tank. strat up is fine but when i accelerate it @2000rpm it starts reducingrevs by 200 up and down
to explain it goes down to 1800rpm and up to 2000rpm but when i drop down to idling it keeps @900rpm.
tomoraw i will giv it a run on water and will let you know what will happen
Thanks all for your help

Back