Logo

Help with boat identification

iason4u

Hi to you all!

I bought a used boat which I don't know what boat it is. Could please someone give me information about what boat this is?

The Boat is (2,2m wide and 5,40m long) approx 7 feet wide and 17 feet long. It is a classic center console boat. The Information I got is that the first owner had a 100 Hp 2 stroke motor on it, when I bouth it the second owner had a 200hp 4 stroke on it, he said he reached 60 miles per hour with that engine. It looks really big to me, proppably the boat got water in it and got more weight. I plan to get off the Console and seat and cut off the deck to check out what is going on below to start restoring this thing from scratch and good. for that i will need your help for sure and I am happy to participate in this forum.

Regards from Europe, Athens Greece

Jason

including 9 fotos
http://www.seeweb.gr/content2/images2

Well, you are probably in for a lot of work, but it appears to be a nice functional design, so it may be worth it, especially given the cost of a new boat these days.

Somewhere on the boat, often on the rear port gunnel, there should be a manufacturer's plate which will provide a manufacturer's identification number, maximum horsepower, and other info. The manufacturer's number should also provide the year it was built - often the first two numbers or letters.

Be very careful about how you power the boat. Do not exceed the rated horsepower on the manufacturer's plate. If you do, it is unsafe, and if you get into an accident with an overpowered boat, you are liable for injuries and damage.

The first thing you want to check is the transom (where the motor mounts) to make sure it is not rotted or weak. An easy way is to tap all over it with a plastic hammer to see if you get a solid rap, that's good. A dull thud is bad. Check especially around the drain hole and engine mounts and any place else where a hole has been drilled into it. If you get some suspicious places, drill a few 3/8" holes through the fiber glass, but not all the way through, stuff some paper towel pieces into the holes, and let it sit for several hours. If the paper towels get damp, the transom is water logged and will need to be repaired or replaced.

You should remove the entire deck and thoroughly inspect the keel, stringers, and all else under there for rot and damage. If the boat has an under deck fuel tank, then with the deck off, remove the fuel tank and have it internally steam cleaned, or replace it.

Thank you a lot for your answer! especially the 3rd paragraph about the transom is very useful, thanks for the tips. The ID was taken away on purpose from the boat, could have been stolen once or been damaged on that spot, who knows. I bought the boat on the right way and followed all steps, I mean I bought it with a registration, papers and all that stuff.

Now the problem is to Identify the boat, I really would like to know the year of built etc... I hope someone could take a clue from the photos I made. those boats look similar, I goggled a lot but I could not find one with the same hatches...

If we will not find the manufacturer... how can we know what motor the best is for the boat? Should we find a large scale to weight it?

Back