Logo

Detroit Diesel 12v71N Marine Engin

XmoX

New member
Hello
I have a question regarding the Detroit Diesel 12V-71 non-turbo engine.

We have two of these units installed in our tugboat and would like to know the maximum exhaust gas temperature for these engines, as we are unable to find any information in our documentation.

Best regards Maurice
 
Hi Maurice

I have written down in my notes

Idle-300f to 400f

Cruise/light load 475f to 650f

Maximum/working hard -700f to 900f

Hope this is what you're looking for.
 
The exact maximum exhaust gas temperature for a naturally aspirated Detroit Diesel 12V-71 can depend on the engine’s rating and where the temperature is measured. I couldn’t verify a single maximum temperature that applies to every 12V-71 marine setup, so I’d check the original Detroit Diesel service manual or confirm it with a marine diesel specialist.

Are you measuring the temperature at the exhaust manifold or further downstream in the exhaust system? That detail, along with the engine’s rated RPM and horsepower, would help narrow it down.
 
Back
Top