Logo

Classic 50 thick oil from prop area

I have an 1987 classic 50. Its been in my garage over winter. Just ran it with muffs about a month ago after changing the water pump. Last week, I noticed a thicker black oil on my floor under the motor. I determined it is comming out from the lip the prop recesses back into. It definitelly is not the gear oil lube I put in fresh when I changed it this winter. It lo ok ks like a very thick motor oil, almost like a thinned out grease. I wipe it up and then a few days later a couple drops are back. Only work I did to the motor was changing the water pump. Any ideas on what it is?

Dissovled carbon from exhaust tube...either you have a carb that not sealing causing a flooding issue or fuel line still attached to a pressurised tank cause fuel weep.

Dissovled carbon from exhaust tube...either you have a carb that not sealing causing a flooding issue or fuel line still attached to a pressurised tank cause fuel weep.

Thanks, that makes sense! Never would have thought of that. Yes, my fuel line is attached but I don't think my tank is pressurized. Should I just disconnect fuel line from motor?

Back