Logo

Bob's Lower Unit?

Jim Marshall

Regular Contributor
Bobslower.jpgI have a new to me Mercury 1150 Tower of power s/n 45694397. It has what I believe to be a Bob's lower unit on it. I was wondering if anyone
had knowledge of them?new mercury 1150.jpg

Last edited:
It has the " low water pick-up " and that allows the motor to be raised for less drag.-----Have to use the correct prop for that too.-----Some say they are of no use unless you are going to go faster than 60 MPH.-----They are a good conversation starter as well.-----Lots of folks will come over at the ramp I think.----What boat is it on ?----What speed are you expecting out of it with that prop ?----What is the pitch on that prop ?---Any numbers on it ?

Last edited:
forum pic.jpgHey Racerone. It just happens to be on a motor I picked up as a replacement for the same one that's currently on my boat. Boat is a 1979 Grady White Hattaras 204 Overnighter. Not looking for speed, though I'm thinking I'll put a Solas 4-blade on her. Maybe a 17 pitch. Currently it has a 3 blade 19 on her. Will have to wait till spring to see where the RPM's fall. I can always swap the stock gearcase off my current one.

Last edited:
Back