Logo

BF15 clamp screw pitch

paiwong

Dear Friends,

I am missing one clamp screw set of a Honda BF15A. I contacted the local marine supplier and they told me that Honda uses a special winding pitch on their bolts... does anyone know what kind of screw I could use as a clamp screw? -- metric preferably :D

(btw: the dealer can't supply a new Honda clamp screw untill september!)

Try www.boats.net. Go to Honda Marine, then Honda Outboards, pick your model year, pick your engine type, then find the appropriate diagram and part numbers. They are the most inexpensive out there and ship fast.

I just checked, they do ship overseas. Here is the top line info...

International Shipping Rates
USPS International - Priority or Express Mail Overview

Packages delivered to your doorstep via your local postal authority.
Shipping prices are based on order value and country, and displayed online at checkout.
Oversized and heavy packages may be held for additional shipping charges (we will contact you if necessary).
Weight limits & dimension surcharges vary by country and carrier service type.
Tracking numbers are supplied for all shipments.
Any duties, taxes, brokerage, or other import fees assessed by customs are the responsibility of the recipient.

Your local machinist might make you one. Many machinists love a challenge and showing off their skills. If you found a guy like that to help you, his price might be very reasonable.
Good luck.

I live in Denmark and still use boats.net.
after paying the import duties they still have a wider range of spares than I can find in Europe and work out cheaper in the long run.
Shipping does take a couple of weeks.
That said if you come across somewhere in Europe with a good selection and favourable prices. Please post the link as there are many who need a European spares store.

Back