Logo

BF 50 fuel connector

Berniek

I have a BF50 and it runs fine BUT when I pump the fuel line bulb the connector leaks at motor.
It appears to not leak air as the motor starts, idles & runs fine.
The connector is marked KEI K HIN (the center K is stylized so may be a logo rather than a letter)

Is KEI HIN the subsidiary of Honda who make Honda connectors (as well as carbs, parts etc) or is this an aftermarket connector?

If it is original is it a serviceable part ( O ring) or is it easier just to replace it?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your specific question about the connector's branding but just wanted to point out that when they leak like that it is often a defective latch on the hose connecter. Many aftermarket hoses that will otherwise connect ok don't latch precisely enough to prevent leakage. So, look at that very carefully if you haven't already.
Good luck

you dont see a leak because its sucking in when running....and probably putting air into your gas feed and reducing suction on the fuel line...if it does not latch it will work loose and the problem gets worse...i would either form the little latch so it catches and if that dont work replace it.. make sure where it seats done have crud on it so it wont latch...if the latch works and it still leaks replace it...evinrude has the same problem and eventually the carbs will go dry under heavy load and the boat will just set down in the water with no warning..the connector is about 15 bucks including a new clamp at high retail(west marine)

i dont know if honda makes them or not but they are original equipment on their motor and motorcycles...

Thanks Guys
The latch works fine. Everything is all nice and clean. The connector still has a little sideways movement though so i suspect its just worn. It come under a little bit of tension when the motor is tilted up (just the hose having to bend.) causing a little bit of wear on the connector or the O ring

Perhaps its just the O ring is past its used by date

It is not sucking air either, as usually that will cause lumpy idle if it idles at all.

Easy fix is to just get a new one

Back