Logo

bf 225 hp 2006 fuel in the oil

alex_b

hello.

i have twin bf 225 and i have a problem with the oil , in the last two weeks the fuel is caming into the oil after 5 hours of shiping , i had replace the filters, h'p and l"p ,oil,injectors all the 6 , the compersion is good .
I'm out of ideas.
Thanks to all helpers.

alex.

Re: bf 225 2006 fuel in the oil

Right on the t-stats - likely stuck open. Engine is running too cool, so gas is seeping by the rings and getting into the oil. Pull and test. Should begin to open at 140 degrees F, and be fully open at 160 degrees. Open height is 3 mm.

way do u think that over propped Can cause ?
i have a lot of trooling time, i dont think taht this is the problem bat i wil happy to know how this can result in fuel oil?

alex.

I troll a tremendous amount of time and have never had any problems with gas in the oil. This is on a 2007 BF 225 with 544 hours. Probably 500 of those hours are trolling hours - mostly very slow trolling for stripers - 3 to 4 mph. Doubt of that is the problem. Let us know what you find when you remove the t-stats.

trolling with a synthetic oil can cause fuel in oil, if you do not run it hard at the end of they day

if your over propped, you can not turn the right rpm's

Justintime IS correct on both counts. My apologies. I never use synthetic oil in outboards - just change the oil religiously every 100 hours. I assumed you were not using synthetic oil, which may have been incorrect.

Those engines should have a WOT of 6000 rpm +/- 300 or so. That breaks them in correctly, sealing rings and valves, and gets them to proper operating temps.

considering i do this for a living and have seen this on alot of 4 stokes, i might know what im talking about, LOL

Back