Logo

Are parts interchangeable for 10 hp and 7.5 hp?

mnmike65

I have a honda b100s 1700520.it is missing a fuel inlet ,inlet cap and charging plug.on the honda website the parts are discontinued.can I use 7.5 parts?there is a boat motor place in my. Called twin city outboard I might try.also is it easy to convert to a safety switch? Thanks

The old 7.5 and 10hp Hondas are pretty much the same outboard. The camshafts are different and the carburetors are not alike. But, other than that, most of the parts WILL interchange with no problem.

The thing is....if a part has been discontinued for the 10hp....then it has likely been discontinued for the 7.5 too. Unless you found something I'm unaware of.

One thing I've noticed is that SOME parts that are available for the SLIGHTLY newer 8hp models APPEAR that they might work on the older 10"s and 7.5's. An example would be the E STOP and lanyard available for the 1997 8hp listed in the link below from boats.net. Check out item #12 and see if you think you may be able to fit it to your 10. It's kind of pricey though at about $40 so you had better look long and hard before ordering.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Outboard Engine/1997/BF8AM SA/SHIFT SHAFT/parts.html

I hope this helps you.

Good luck.

Back