Logo

89 mercury 20 HP cylinder #2 flooding

RayWise

New member
So I've got a 20hp Merc that I've had idle and running issues ever since I've bought it but it has good compression on both cylinders and no scoring but #2 is not burning at idle and seems to be flooded. Replaced coils,wires, plugs and has good spark so I then checked reeds they seem to be in excellent shape which led me to check the lower crank seal which looks fine but there was fuel puddled in places when I took it apart but the seal is facing the bottom..I can see the tension spring..is this seal in the correct way or is it backwards? My repair manual doesn't have a good schematic showing which way the seal faces. I'm going to replace it due to the fuel puddling but want to put it in correctly. Thanks for any advice.
 
Back
Top