Logo

2019 Honda Bf60

Tn_le

Hello,

2019 BF60 was stored on its side outside without engine oil from previous owner for over a month. I opened the engine oil drain plug and got about 1 quart of milky white thick oil coming out.

Is it possible that this was a result of condensation from storage? Could it produce that much condensation to make 1 quart of thick fluid mixed with residual oil?

I know I need to drain it and refill and then run it to see if water contaminates oil again but until then I would like to know if it's a possibility that it came from condensation and storage.

My bet would be no. I've never seen condensation in the amount to cause the oil to look/go milky.

Was the engine submerged? Why was it removed?

It should be under warranty. There should be no water in the oil, I would put clean oil into it, run it and monitor the oil. Also check the oil filler cap, if there is evidence of milkyboil there then take it to a dealer.

I keep mine little outboard outside all the time and have no issues. I agree with iang to change and monitor. A quart is a lot for only being outside a month.

Back