Evening,
I searched the internet/youtube for some help on a Suzuki DF140 project I have going, and didn't find much so maybe this will help some people out there. Hoping to locate a few knowledgeable outboard mechanics for some advice and maybe I can provide some entertainment. I'll post pictures of everything, but effectively my engine was running very rough and eventually shut down while in the driveway. Pulled the sparkplugs and cylinder 3 had some mud after I pulled off the coil. removed the sparkplug and it had some rust on it. replaced them all with a new set. still the same hard idle. pulled the plugs, removed power to the injectors, and ran a compression test on each cylinder. 6 turnovers: 1)179 2) 180 3) 120 4) 180......8 turnovers: 1)180 2) 181 3) 120 4) 182.......fogged cylinder 3 with 8 turnovers: 1) 180 2) 182 3) 144 4) 182....increased pressure with lubricant.....and I found out why, at least, partially so far. Cylinder head was removed without the entire top..I ran into a few snags on getting it off... bolts (10 & 12 mm for timing chain needed removal and the dowel pins were a bit stubborn to finally pry it off.....I'll provide steps that it took on that. Hopefully the pictures will be easy to upload. Cylinder head was cracked on the exhaust side of the valve allowing water penetration into the #3 cylinder. There's also rust present on the intake side as well as on the valves. I can replace the head if the cylinder doesn't have any damage (there's no gauging in the cylinder but there's some skuff that might be ok. To be safe, I want to pull the entire engine off the engine holder. (cylinders/pistons/crank) I just got an engine hoist, and I'm at the flywheel right now. I just removed the bolt, and I had a tool to pull the flywheel but it doesn't align with a suzuki engine. So I wanted to check if there's a pull it without the OEM tool from the service manual (09930-39220). appreciate any help!!
Suzuki 250 Tear Down reference-a great video I watched before I started all this
I searched the internet/youtube for some help on a Suzuki DF140 project I have going, and didn't find much so maybe this will help some people out there. Hoping to locate a few knowledgeable outboard mechanics for some advice and maybe I can provide some entertainment. I'll post pictures of everything, but effectively my engine was running very rough and eventually shut down while in the driveway. Pulled the sparkplugs and cylinder 3 had some mud after I pulled off the coil. removed the sparkplug and it had some rust on it. replaced them all with a new set. still the same hard idle. pulled the plugs, removed power to the injectors, and ran a compression test on each cylinder. 6 turnovers: 1)179 2) 180 3) 120 4) 180......8 turnovers: 1)180 2) 181 3) 120 4) 182.......fogged cylinder 3 with 8 turnovers: 1) 180 2) 182 3) 144 4) 182....increased pressure with lubricant.....and I found out why, at least, partially so far. Cylinder head was removed without the entire top..I ran into a few snags on getting it off... bolts (10 & 12 mm for timing chain needed removal and the dowel pins were a bit stubborn to finally pry it off.....I'll provide steps that it took on that. Hopefully the pictures will be easy to upload. Cylinder head was cracked on the exhaust side of the valve allowing water penetration into the #3 cylinder. There's also rust present on the intake side as well as on the valves. I can replace the head if the cylinder doesn't have any damage (there's no gauging in the cylinder but there's some skuff that might be ok. To be safe, I want to pull the entire engine off the engine holder. (cylinders/pistons/crank) I just got an engine hoist, and I'm at the flywheel right now. I just removed the bolt, and I had a tool to pull the flywheel but it doesn't align with a suzuki engine. So I wanted to check if there's a pull it without the OEM tool from the service manual (09930-39220). appreciate any help!!
Suzuki 250 Tear Down reference-a great video I watched before I started all this

