Logo

2013 Suzuki 115 No Injector Pulse On Cylinder #2

I have a customer with a 2013 Suzuki 115, all ID stickers are worn but the block plug reads "2013 311513 JAN"

The engine has a trouble code for "fuel injector" and runs rough and is hard to start.

When he brought the engine to me I found the injector #2 (2nd from the top of the rail) was not firing.

So far I have verified and done the following.

1. Confirmed the GRAY wire on the injector plug was receiving power, it is getting ~14 volts with the engine running. I am testing this with a multimeter with one lead on the plug connector and one on the block, this tells me I have positive voltage going to the injector but I have no pulsing ground from the ECU

2. Checked for continuity between BLACK w/ BROWN stripe wire on the injector plug and the ECU plug terminal. I have continuity telling me there is no breaks in the ground wire from the ECU all the way to the plug.

3. These findings, and talking with Suzuki support lead me to believe the only possible problem could be with the ECU itself. I ordered a replacement ECU, however after swapping it out I have the same condition. When I put a noid light on the injector plug, nothing.

4. I double checked all of my previous checks mentioned above, I also tried to manual command the injector to activate using the SDS software, every other injector will command on and click, but not #2


Any thoughts/help will be appreciated.
 
I would suggest an issue with the connector in the ecu plug. I have seen this before and fixed by very slightly bending the corresponding pin in the ecu
 
Back
Top