Logo

2004 Honda bf150 just did a full rebuild and started it and I'm getting an intermittent alarm

Christyp123

New member
Hi I just did a full rebuild on my Honda 150 started it for the first time and started great sounds good but after about two minutes I get an intermittent alarm. Cleaned vts tank , checked water separater. Can't figure it out.
 
Hi I just did a full rebuild on my Honda 150 started it for the first time and started great sounds good but after about two minutes I get an intermittent alarm. Cleaned vts tank , checked water separater. Can't figure it out.

This is more likely a heat issue. 2 minutes is about how long it takes to start getting hot enough for temp sensors to start throwing signals.....
 
Ear muffs are ok if running at idle but if revving the engine above idle its likley getting hot, run second hose to flush connector on side cowling and one to earmuffs and see if that doesn't stop the beeping.
 
Back
Top