Logo

2004 Honda 150, side UP/DOWN switch doesn't work

2004 BF150, new to me.

The Power Tilt switch on the remote works fine, brings the engine up/down, but the switch on the side of the engine itself does nothing. It looks accessible one I remove the engine cover, probably just the switch itself.

Is there anything else I should be checking? Since the remote switch only works with the ignition on and the engine switch doesn't need the ignition on, are there 2 separate circuits?

Advice appreciated.

thanks,

Rob

I'm pretty sure that the BF 150 works the same as the BF 225, which I have. Follow the switch wire to it's plug. You may need to remove the upper cowling to do that. Unplug it. Battery on. There will be a light blue wire, a light green wire and a white/blue wire (I think that is the color.) Anyway, shunt the white/blue to each of the other wires, one at a time. If the motor T/T operates, check the wiring at the plug and at the switch. Then test the switch itself - it's just a simple rocker switch and will show continuity when pressed. If bad, replace the switch and the wire to the plug. If that doesn't work, you will need to find where the wires connect to the T/T relay and check that connection.

Back