Logo

2003 350 5.7 MAG MPI Freshwater cooled - Manifolds

abl1111

Regular Contributor
I have a 1000 hours on my original, freshwater manifolds ( only raw water parts are the elbows which I replaced already ). No issues - I'm just a preventive maintenance guy.

Should these manifolds be replaced or pulled off and inspected ?

Thx

If they have coolant in them (and it is maintained), the exhaust manifolds will last the life of the engines...

Now way to know without taking them apart and having a look. In a if-it-ain't-broke-don't-fix-it frame of mind I would run the boat until the end of the season (when the ice at the ramp is too thick to launch the boat) Then take it down for maintenance. Worst case scenario is you're buying a set of mani gaskets.

OK Sounds good. I think I'll pull the elbows off to R/R the elbow gaskets and inspect the top of the manifold - and go from there.

Thx guys.

Same boat as described above only a 2004 w/ 425 lake hours and raw water cooled. Have done nothing to address exhaust/manifold/elbow/spacer, components, or do I understand the function of the cooling aspect of the system. Other then a service manual schematic, is there another source to read/learn about manifold cooling, dry joint, wet joint, etc of this boat? I see what appears to be heavy rubber spacer with hose clamps for misalignment/vibration?? Thanks

Back