Logo

2002 Yamaha 200HP 4 Stroke Stalling

rwright

I have twin 2002 200 HP Yamaha 4 strokes, that have run perfectly and serviced regularly. I just recently had my port engine begin to act up. Runs perfectly for about 40 minutes, then stalls as if it runs out of gas. Fires right back up, but only for about 10 seconds...(struggles than quits)...then she turns over like it is "bone dry" of gas...turns over great, but does not attempt to start.... If I let it set for a few hours, she starts and runs perfect again for about 45 minutes.

Yesterday I was able to get the symptoms to repeat while at the dock, so I was able to trouble shoot a bit more. This time I was able to "catch it" just as the engine began to struggle and die out... I pumped the primer ball before it stalled, and it came right back to life..... ran perfect for about 10 minutes, then I heard it struggle again...Caught in time, pumped the ball, and it came right back to life.... Repeated this perfectly for 3-4 times in a row.

I've no idea what the real issue is, but I'm not comfortable going too far out, since I really don't know what's causing it.

Back