Logo

200 optimax 3,0 lt oil smoke

Hi guys.Need help.Optimax smoking blue-A LOT! IN test tank,oil comes out of exaust.Starts and idles fine,but when revving it, big cloud of blue smoke.
Had diagnostic done and all is ok.It has 270 hours.
Any ideas.
Thanks.:mad:

Hi.Did check output line from compressor,and it's dry.I've quite a bit of experience,but battling with this one.
Thanks for input.
Regards.

Not in break in mode?? I have had customers turn key on and pump throttle thinking their priming it and set motor into break -in..

Been working on this lately? had anything disconnected.

Reversing the oil hose and the pulse hose will cause an oil flood.

The average boater cannot force the comp cycle the oil pump with out any knowledge on how to do it. After thinking about this today, after you shut the engine down, wait about an hour and then remove the cap from the remote oil tank. Did a burst of Air come out? If yes the check valve that pressurizes the oil system needs to be replaced.

The average boater cannot force the comp cycle the oil pump with out any knowledge on how to do it. After thinking about this today, after you shut the engine down, wait about an hour and then remove the cap from the remote oil tank. Did a burst of Air come out? If yes the check valve that pressurizes the oil system needs to be replaced.

Thanks for input,guys.
Motor has been fiddled by someone else.I'll look at check valve issues.
Thanks again.I'll report back.

Thanks for input,guys.
Motor has been fiddled by someone else.I'll look at check valve issues.
Thanks again.I'll report back.

Just to be clear, the check valve that I am talking about pressurizes the remote and main oil tank, the main oil tank on the engine feeds the Computer controlled oil pump on the engine. If the check valve is bad and does not relieve the pressure in the oil tank after shut down, it could possibly force oil through the Oil pump and pool it up in the crank case.

Opti's should never smoke.

Hi again.Did look at Check valve.when removed there was sign of oil in the crankcase and valve.When testing it,found valve is letting some blowback go back into crankcase.I've order new one.think this is the problem.
I'll report after replacing it.
Thanks.

The average boater cannot force the computer to cycle the oil pump with out any knowledge on how to do it. After thinking about this today, after you shut the engine down, wait about an hour and then remove the cap from the remote oil tank. Did a burst of Air come out? If yes the check valve that pressurizes the oil system needs to be replaced.
Sounds like you did not check it they way I described above.

The average boater cannot force the comp cycle the oil pump with out any knowledge on how to do it.
The 2 that I had were older boaters,and still pump throttle to this day as have had to get on them at dock during fishing tourneys as their in club.

Sounds like you did not check it they way I described above.

Hi.I didn'tcheck it the way you described it,as batterys and keys weren't available.Aa soon as i'm back,i'll check it as per your instructions.
One questio;Doesn't the check valve prevent pressure from going back into crankcase?And how does pressure release after motor is switched off?
Best regards and thanks for your input.

Hi.I didn'tcheck it the way you described it,as batterys and keys weren't available.Aa soon as i'm back,i'll check it as per your instructions.
One questio;Doesn't the check valve prevent pressure from going back into crankcase?And how does pressure release after motor is switched off?
Best regards and thanks for your input.

The check valve pressurizes the tank and when you shut the engine down it also lets the pressure out of the tank back into the engine block. Air lows easier through this valve in one direction and is restricted slightly in the other. It is designed to relieve the pressure in the oil tank after shut down as to not force oil the engine.

This part cannot be cleaned, it has to be replaced Cost around $15.00

Thanks for input.Only now i went to area where boat is.Someone worked on it before and oil hoses were connected the wrong way around on the tanks.

Back