Logo

1998 Mercury 40 solid alarm beep?

Sucik6

Hey guys, new to forum and couldn't find any info online so looking here for help. Long story short I bought a boat with a 98 merc 40 hp . Took it for test run today and when I would put the boat full power it would start a constant loud beep while at full throttle on the lake. I then idled to neutral and it was still a solid beep for maybe 15 seconds and then shut off(the beep would stop, motor stayed running). It's a 3 cylinder. I took out thermostat and put in hot water and it worked . Also when I go to start boat there in no beep when I turn key in ignition(usually common on most boats,but mine doesn't make a sound). I read solid beep s overheat but the motor ran fine for the 20 seconds I had if at full power . What's the deal? Any and all help apppriciated!!!!

The water pump is putting out good pressure though
Means nothing as "pee" is plumbed off exhaust plate and that gets water first, plus you/we have no idea when it had a impeller was replaced. You can disconnect the 2 blue wires from oil tank and if it still alarms replace impeller

Means nothing as "pee" is plumbed off exhaust plate and that gets water first, plus you/we have no idea when it had a impeller was replaced. You can disconnect the 2 blue wires from oil tank and if it still alarms replace impeller

I will check the oil sensor and temp sensor this weekend . Thanks for the info

Back