Hi
I have a 1997 3.0 225 EFI Mercury, recently it "threw" the belt that drives the alternator while it was pulling around 6000 RPM.
After replacing the belt it now only revs to around 5300 RPM at full throttle, this is only intermitantly and around 20% of the time it produces full power and revs again to 6000 RPM.
I have since pulled all of the spark plugs and one of the plugs looks "washed" with fuel compared to the others, I have transpossed the CDM's and the same cylinder spark plug still looks "washed" so the CDM's seem good.
Could a bad stator cause this to happen ?
Could anyone advise what my next course of action could be ?
I have a 1997 3.0 225 EFI Mercury, recently it "threw" the belt that drives the alternator while it was pulling around 6000 RPM.
After replacing the belt it now only revs to around 5300 RPM at full throttle, this is only intermitantly and around 20% of the time it produces full power and revs again to 6000 RPM.
I have since pulled all of the spark plugs and one of the plugs looks "washed" with fuel compared to the others, I have transpossed the CDM's and the same cylinder spark plug still looks "washed" so the CDM's seem good.
Could a bad stator cause this to happen ?
Could anyone advise what my next course of action could be ?

