Logo

1994 200HP Intermittent issues.... dammed gremlins

DeltaRanger

1994 2.5L XRi 200HP. Serial number OG103590.
At times running at WOT, drop in power, intermittent. Sometimes when trying to get on plane, drop hammer and it just boggs. Put it in neutral , rev it up a couple times and it “clear up”.
ive got spark, ran a compression test, all cylinders between 111 to 119 psi. (Cold engine)
last night, when checking injector harness operation, turned the key to “run” and noticed that the electric
fuel pump runs continuously. This is after pulling final filter out and had the hose off the float tank. I thought maybe it just needed time to fill the float tank back up. Ran it for awhile on the hose,so I know that tank is full. But, I’m pretty sure the pump is not supposed to keep running.

Anyways, what sensor, circuits or malfunction would cause the pump to run continuously???
Help!
Thank you!!

Last edited:
Anyways, what sensor, circuits or malfunction would cause the pump to run continuously???

Fuel pump driver board in ECU...Send ECU to BrucatoSvs and have tested/repaired along with injectors as they need cleaning/balanced on this old of a engine. Also check the MAP hose and TPI readings.

Back