Logo

1990 Evinrude 150 XP Loss of Electricity Help?!!?!

SolanoBarbeito

New member
Hey Everyone,
I got this Stratos Bass Boat a while back with a 1990 Evinrude 150 XP 2 Stroke. I recently put on a brand new CDI and Stator because I had no spark. I checked after and was getting good spark. I tried starting and my starter was not disengaging. I then proceed to replace that old starter with a new one I had on another parts motor. It was brand new and immediately when I put it on and hooked it up, when I tried to crank it, everything shut off. It sounded like I blew a fuse (which had happened before) so I checked the fuse and it was intact. I checked my battery and wires to the battery and was good. I was getting 12 Volts to the starter solenoid and ground to the starter. I was also getting 6 V to my short 32 amp fuse located right after the solenoid (not sure if that is ok or not.) When I turn the key, there is no buzzer horn. No test horn. I have no power to trim and tilt. I have no power to the remote control box as well. I checked all connections and everything looks good. Is there something I am missing? Is there a checklist to troubleshoot. Am I overlooking something simple? I might suspect something with the shifter switch, but the fact that it was instant and nothing was touched other than my starter connections is confusing. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much.
 
Hi Everyone,
Figured out the problem. The main ground that connects to the starter was the problem. The thread inside the starter was corroded so I got that fixed but now I have another problem. When I try to start, my outboard flywheel kicks back on the starter every time it tries to start. And now I don't have spark again. I have a brand new cdi and stator so it cant be those. Thanks for your help.
 
Back
Top