Logo

175 long beep = low/no oil

surreyboy

Hey All

Just bought a new to us boat with a 1993 175 Evinrude E175DPXABB with about 145 hrs on it.
Took it out for our maiden voyage which was a cruse up the west coast of Vancouver at a nice steady 25 knots round trip was approx 5 hrs . Motor ran great over all . We did stop for a few min & fired back up & we’re just putting along in drive for a few min maybe 7-8 knots & I got a loud long 30 second or so beep & the low oil/no oil light on the dash came on.
I shut the engine off & checked the oil tank & it was full , pumped the primer bulb for the oil & it was rock hard….
Fired back up low/no oil light off & on our way at about 25 knots again , no issues….
Pulled into a marina to top up fuel & down to 5 knots or less coming up to fuel dock & it happened again…loud 30 second beep…the beep ended & I kept going to fuel dock but the red light low/no oil stayed on…
Checked the bulb again…rock hard…fired up low/no oil light off & we headed home with no other issues…
Few days later at 30 knots after approx 10 min , the long 30 second beep came on & the engine choked/sputtered…I shut it off & checked the oil tank , about 3/4 full..bulb rock hard…
Fired up low/no oil light off…back up to 30 knots for about 10 min , same exact issue..
Looking for some help/suggestions where & what I should check. We were planing on a summer of weekend adventures in this thing.
I can’t be taking my wife & kid out on this like this.
I have the boat out of the water on the trailer now , I bought some amsoil marine 2 stroke oil to replace the cheap 2 stroke oil the previous owner had in it . Is there any filters or sensors that I should be cleaning or possibly replacing ?

Any help of suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance !

Well you risk destroying the motor if there is no oil injected.----Resolve the issue.----Check oil filter in the oil tank.----Replace water pump impeller now.----Mix 50 :1 in your tank until the issue is resolved.

Hey thanks raceone ,
The guy i bought it from had the impeller changed before he stored it for the winter & never ran it since , he stored it in his shop.i have the old one , & it looked good too , not brittle of cracking.
Is there a way to check the oil pump to see if its working properly ? would i be able to disconnect one of the oil lines or all to see if oil is pumping through ?
I will change the oil sock in the oil tankm & i see there is another oil filter right before the pump going by the manuel , ill change that as well.

Thanks again
Cheers,

Factory manual has the procedure to test oil consumption of the pump.-----Involves running on 50:1 mix at fast idle and seeing how much oil is pumped.

Im confused....
Whats the block on top of the waht i think is the oil pump ?
The fuel pump im guessing is the one with the blue gasket behind the fuel filter ?

Fuel Pump.jpg

Oil pump.jpg

That is a Ficht motor. Stop using it till you find problem. It will not run on pre-mix fuel! What you see id the oil lift pump and pressure sensor.

That is a Ficht motor. Stop using it till you find problem. It will not run on pre-mix fuel! What you see id the oil lift pump and pressure sensor.
Thanks for that info !
Ill have to do some research.
Im thinking the oil lift pump & pressure sensor need to be changed out along with the fuel pump.

Does anyone know where i can find the proper info for E175DPXABB Ficht motor ? The parts catagory doesnt show the ficht model.

Thanks

Back