Logo

115hp VRO V4 1990 - Exhaust Filler Blocks needed ?

Matt Hyne

New member
I have a 1990 model 115hp V4 VRO that I am doing some maintenance on and I have discovered that the exhaust filler blocks are stuffed and needs to be replaced.

The trouble is that these parts are end of life and cannot be ordered anymore.

I have been doing some reading and there are some suggestions that I can remove the exhaust filler block completely without any real impact. I wondered if anyone has actually done this (and not blown up their engine)?
 
1990 115hp V4..... The exhaust filler blocks need to be replaced..... These cannot be ordered anymore..... There are suggestions I can remove these without any real impact?

Obviously I have modified your post in the above quote... if that offends you, my apologies as it is not intentional.

Those exhaust filler blocks are there for a reason (Tuned Exhaust). Without them, the exhaust tuning is not as it should be. As a last resort, if it were me, I'd be looking for a good used set to install. I don't know what the effect would be if their surface should be lower than your block surface but their existence would be better than a void in that area. And should the used filler blocks be slighter than your block, a machine shop can rectify that easily.
 
I was told some years ago that if the filler blocks were missing on a v-4 you could burn a piston but you could get by without them on a v-6. This came from OMC direct.
 
Back
Top