Logo

What year is my motor

I have recently purchased a 9.9 Force by Mercury Marine. As near as I can find out, Mercury quit making the Force motors in 2000. I have looked everywhere, but can't find out the year of my motor. Can you help me out with this? Any other info on this motor would also be appreciated. The serial # is OE105509. Thanks
FORCE (MH) ( 9.9 H.P. (1995 )) Serial No: 0E105509 Model No: H009201RD

M = ROPE START
H = TILLER HANDLE STEERING

Parts catalog,
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/selectDocs.asp?doc_nbr=823056

I just bought a Norwegian Askeladden 445 Hunter with a Mariner 40 - 4cyl - Fourstroke engine Sn: 0G689165- I cannot find any specs or parts for this outboard engine.
It says 40 ELPT 4S on the tag. I'm finding a lot of 3 cyl engines, and parts but not one like mine. I need the seal round the engine cowling.

Can anyone tell me more about this engine?

Attachments

• CIMG1162 (Medium).jpg
    CIMG1162 (Medium).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Same as a Yamaha 5BS. If you do a search for that or Yamaha 5BS Parts you will soon find parts list etc.
Some parts are still available too.
Roughly 1987 year.

Regards

Good morning gents, can anyone help me identifying my mariner # 6516447 ?? and if its sat for a year what I should do to help it?? we took it out and was a lil sluggish,,then all the sudden ran amazing for a bit,, then sluggish like half the power, then sumtimes kickin up for a minute then back to half power and so on??? thanks for any info as im new to the outboard stuff!! It says its a 90 hp,, orange stripe. good clean dry plugs in it afterwords!!??

I have a '83 checkmate enchanter with a mercruiser 260 i/0. the engine ser no is 06356104. i am looking to rebuild the drive section with a complete overhaul from the transom plate to the prop and need the correct manual. thx for the help!

can you tell me what year my merc 115 is ? sn 6263295 it is in really insane shape, has a really great horsepower, and it pushes my boat as fast as a 150 that i had on it. i really do suspect that it has been modified some...if that is possible, but i wouldn't get rid of it for the world ! do some outboards have aftermarket high performance parts available ? (cams, carbs...etc ?)

So I too am looking to figure out what year mine is.
It is a Mercury 80, 4 cylinder, with a serial number of 7122794.
I think that it is a 1978 Canadian version.
Thanks!

Re: What year is my Mercury Thunde

Hello all, brand new here and I'm trying to find out some information on my outboard. It's number is OB102683. This is the number on the mid-section and it is a factory merc sticker. Thanks all for any help.

thanks guys but I just found out its a 1987. Thanks.

Last edited:
can you tell me what year my merc 115 is ? sn 6263295 it is in really insane shape, has a really great horsepower, and it pushes my boat as fast as a 150 that i had on it. i really do suspect that it has been modified some...if that is possible, but i wouldn't get rid of it for the world ! do some outboards have aftermarket high performance parts available ? (cams, carbs...etc ?)
MERCURY - (115 H.P. (1983) Serial No: 06263295 Model No: 1115623
http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury_marine_parts/sn/06263295

For modified info, have a look at this thread,
http://www.marineengine.com/boat-forum/showthread.php?409046-I-have-to-know

Thank you for the quick reply and the link. All this time I thought it was a 8hp, go figure. I cant wait to get this carb fixed so I can get back on the water! Thanks again.

Thanks for the info!!
It will be a great help in my resurrection project!!!!
Actually it already has been.

Thanks again.
Ken

Hi Folks, I am new here and first time poster. My wife recently inherited a 17' bow rider with a 90HP mercury with sn:6516090. I have no other information on it. Any information such as year, cylinders, etc and parts catalog would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

help identifying year and model number

I have a Mercury Mariner outboard 15hp, 2 stroke with serial number OG218758. Any help identifying the year and model number would be sincerely appreciated.

Just want to confirm the year of my Mercury brown band. 60hp serial number A109285. I believe it is an 1985 however on the parts sites I cannot match my serial numbers with any of the years. Thanks

Hi I have a 25hp Mariner serial number OD234692.
Could someone please advise year and made by?
Also looking for a service manual for this model, any help or links appreciated.

Back