Logo

Starting problems in Marinette cruiser with single engine 318

"I would try to find the age o

"I would try to find the age of the bell housing based on whether or not it is the original and match by using a 318 from that period. If the transmission and bell housing are original, I would use the boat's year and match it that way. You can also buy pdf engine manuals on line and download immediately and look at the drawings to make sure it matches. From the reading you have an older 318 bell housing with the starter toward the bottom. I'm sure there is someone here that has the same vintage and can give you a specific part number.

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM A NON MARINE VENDOR as the starter will not have the spark surpression requirements for use in the bilge."

Thanks Ed for all the informat

Thanks Ed for all the information. I will point toward the starter first. The flywheel housing has a tag on the top of it with serial and model numbers with a brand name of Gray Marine. I will try and match all of that up with the starter. Thanks again and have a good night.

"I hate to make you pull the s

"I hate to make you pull the starter again,. but look at a rebuilt starter for your engine & count the number of teeth, Then compare to yours.

Fred 156-M"

Back