Logo

Plugs and gas

Champion UL77V and a brand name fuel(Shell/BP/Texaco/Exxon) and a brand name oil. Also run some brand name decarbon additive(not Sea foam)

Always Champions plugs in my Evinrude engines and Faztbullet gave you the right plug # for your engine. I also exclusively run non-ethanol fuel in all watercraft. Brand doesn't matter to me as long as it's certified 100% gas.

I have had several dozen customers that had good running motors it and use it only to have motor fail within the next several weeks.

What is the bad side to seafoam? Personally I have never used it.
Look up the MDS sheet, it’s “additive” is mostly alcohol. Alcohols are very good solvents, & so work well to keep things clean. They are also very good at absorbing water, & will bind & move small amounts of water through the system. Problems happen when it’s left to sit in vented tanks, absorbs moisture & phase separates.
Seafoam is a Pretty expensive way to put alcohol into your system, why not just run a few tanks of E10, then go back to running something like Shell V power, with no ethanol.

It’s a chance we take. I bypass even inquiry into a OM that has most of paint worn off LU. I am 2 for 2 in success. Hoping same for this v6 I purchased late last fall on a 18’ Ranger in nice shape. I do all my own work with any help or advice I can get and have a OMC Evinrude V6 factory service shop manual coming in the mail. Thanks for your help!

I Need confirmation on: 79 v6 150hp-two model numbers. 150940 and 159949. Is the only diffence in the lower unit length. With the 940 being the longest.

Correct.----Shaft length makes for a different model number.----For the equivalent Johnson models they use an X for the 25 " extra long models.

Correct.----Shaft length makes for a different model number.----For the equivalent Johnson models they use an X for the 25 " extra long models.
Thanks. I received a evinrude factory service manual today in mail. In very good shape! The binding was like new. Just on the 79 v6 150-235 hp.

Back