Logo

Chrysler magnapower 90hp help please

steveog

"hi all
just wondered if some

"hi all
just wondered if some one could advise on wich way around the 3 cdi wires go ie black,black/ gray,blue
as i have just bought a 90hp magna that has good comp but no spark
all help welcome
thanks
Steve"

"Steve, is your ob a Force 90h

"Steve, is your ob a Force 90hp? If so, what year? My Force manual refers to a CD module, but none of the wiring matches your colors. Do you have any more info?"

"Hi
i think,its a mid 70,s an

"Hi
i think,its a mid 70,s and its a 3 cylinder Crysler Magnapower
the motor plate reads 907 HB
SER NO 10767
90BHP@5000RPM
the cdi unit is a chrysler & force 115-3301 and the distributor is the electronic type
thanks
Steve"

"ive managed to find a pic of

"ive managed to find a pic of the cdi / coil unit
the gray / black goes to the distrib,the blue is power into the cdi box,the black is ground and the gray is coil,and this is how its been wire.

i have chopped the blue power in and wired it dirctly to the posative on the battery also done the same with the blue into the distributor so thair is no voltage drop on cranking.

also wired earth / ground directly to motor& cdi unit from neg on battery ,but still no spark

thair is 12 volts coming out of the distibutor on the terminal that supplys the cdi ,ie volt meter on output side of distrib,turn motor slowly clockwise,volt meter cuts in / out as the rotar segments pass the amplifier in the distrib.

all thoughts advice welcome
thanks
Steve"

"the plot thickerns !
i have

"the plot thickerns !
i have removed the small coil,cleaned the brass earthing strip,run an earth from the coil to the same earth as the cdi unit (before the coil was earther onto the cylinder block )and i now have a squeaking cdi unit with sparks,and a good "belt" of all 3 cylinders.
so i am now the proud owner of a1975 chrysler 90hp outboard in a small hill side village in Almeria spain,with spark ! and compression !
so my next job petrol & cooling &oil check side of things ,then i will try giving it a start up.
cheers
Steve"

Back