Logo

What year is my motor

I have a 65hp mercury just wanted to know if you could tell me the year.
Not sure if I have the right number but I found two.
The one I think it might be is 8343729

Could really use help in identifying my Mercury 3.0 liter V6 for part ordering/rebuilding purposes. I purchased with a melted piston.

The data tag was missing from the transom mount, I recovered a number from the block however, 0g900054.

Any help with year and HP rating would be much appreciated!

I have a 65hp mercury just wanted to know if you could tell me the year.
Not sure if I have the right number but I found two.
The one I think it might be is 8343729
Sorry Rockwood, But My system can not find your info, You may want to start a new thread asking about your year, I'm sure one of the other guys might be able to help you out with yours, They are pretty good with the older engines, Or engines made outside of the USA.;)

Could really use help in identifying my Mercury 3.0 liter V6 for part ordering/rebuilding purposes. I purchased with a melted piston.

The data tag was missing from the transom mount, I recovered a number from the block however, 0g900054.

Any help with year and HP rating would be much appreciated!
Your engine is a 1999 MERCURY 3.0L OFFSHORE EFI 250 XXL EFI

The mercury service manual part number is 90-822900R3

And here are your parts using your serial number.
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/selectDocs.asp?doc_nbr=803199

Hi guys,

I have been searching to find a year of manufacture for my Mercury 80 4Cyl. I am in Ireland and can't seem to find any charts which list the serial no. The No is 9256581. It is a blue band and seems in good condition.
Can anyone help me ? :confused:

Many thanks in anticipation.

I get a 1992 Yamaha, built for Mercury,Mariner.If you need more info start a new thread then someone with more knowledge than me will help

Hi, I just got a starter boat and the only number I found was on the transom (5053908). Could someone help me with the year and other info.

Thanks,
Jason

Hey, coueytwo

The only number I couldn't find on the the motor was on the transom side of the motor. Its an old motor. Mercury 1150 with the blue stripes. I couldn't find any other numbers..thanks

Re: "How can I find out the year o

"How can I find out the year of my motor? It's a 150 Mariner, The motor is grey with the orange strip. Along the strip it has the name Mariner with oil injected printed on side of the cover. Is it the earlier 80's or later 80's model? The serial number is 6494246. I bought it for 1,000 and all 6 cyclinders has a compression of 115-120. Did I get a good deal or not? "

if it runs good and u get a couple seasons out of it id say ya

Blue band puts it somewhere between 1972 - 1978 I think.Have a look on the starter bracket there may be a seven digit number there.

Well this is for Salty1Dog, Your Mariner Outboard Serial Group is for a Model EXLPTO 150 Serial No_OC283160 THROUGH OC284285 1990 Model Year...Merc

The nameplate of my 60 hp motor has been painted over, but the number on the frost plug is D089961
Can somebody please tell me what year it is ?

Thank you.

Thanks a lot, Mercmaster.
The guy that sold me the motor said it was a '96, but I was suspicious because the build date of the cowl was '91
Now at least I know what I have, and also not to believe anything the seller told me.
This is a great forum

I have a Mariner 40HP, 2 stroke outboard motor; model number = 40E0, code = 6E95 and serial number = 106003. Can anyone please tell me the year? marineengine.com is a GREAT site. TIA to all.
Paul

Hi,

I've aquired another Yamaha/Mariner. It's a two cylinder 8HP with a serial number 09586174. Anyone know what year it is? It's from here in Africa, so I imagine it's another one made exclusively for the African market.

Peter

Back