Logo

Year of Johnson

kevin

" I have a 9.5HP Johnson Seaho

" I have a 9.5HP Johnson Seahorse and I am trying to figure out the year of it, on the inside of the engine compartment I found a number which I am unsure is the serial number or not. If anyone can tell me if it is and also the year and what fuel/oil mixture to use it would be greatly appreciated.
#314971 D2 "

50:1 is the most commonly use

50:1 is the most commonly used fuel oil mixture and is most likely going to be correct for your motor.

The model and serial number is most commonly on the tilt pin located either on the front or side and on a small plate. The number you have located inside the the engine compartment will likely be a part number. It is not much help in determining the model/year of a motor because parts are often used on a variety of different motors.

" Kevin there should be a wels

" Kevin there should be a welsh plug, A bright shinny plug on the side of the block about the size of a quarter and it should contain your model number "

First built in 64.Where white

First built in 64.Where white in 64/65/66. Where green on bottom end in 67 to 73.At 60lbs they where lighter in weight than the new motors.An exellent fishing motor.

I have Johnson 15 HP FD-10L. H

I have Johnson 15 HP FD-10L. How do I find out the year it was made.

Thanks Andrew. I have another

Thanks Andrew. I have another question on this engine. The model number is FD-10L but the manuels are for FD-10 and FDL-10 engines. Which manuel should I get for my FD-10L?? Thanks again.

Back