Logo

Yamaha tach N80-83540-70-00 looking for harness part numbers and dip switch settings,

Gpilon

New member
I purchased a yamaha tach N80-83540-70-00 and need to know the dip switch settings and what harnesses I need, connecting to a 2004 T25TLRC on a pontoon with a 703 remote. Thanks for any help. Would this info be in a service manual if I purchased one?
 
12 pole setting.

Harness shown below.

No.

ta.png
 
Thanks for the reply, i have 2 questions

I don't see a 12 pole position, am i looking at this wrong?

Do i need the oil/trim harness? I don't have a trim gauge, is the oil referring to low oil pressure or is that for a 2 stroke oil tank?
 
Ooops. I failed to notice that your tachometer has the low oil pressure light and the over temperature light. So yes, you need the trim/oil harness. To get those lights to illuminate when the motor wants them to do so. You just won't be using the trim wire.

I am presuming that being a Yamaha tachometer that it will plug and play with the Yamaha trim/oil harness.

You may need an adapter harness as well. Does you motor have two four pin nylon connectors in the front of the engine pan? I suspect the tachometer has but one four pin nylon connector.
 
I am not familiar with that tachometer at all. The Yamaha tachometers that I have been involved with have had either one or two four pin nylon connectors and a number of single wires (power/ground/tachometer signal) with bullet connectors on them.

Some Yamaha motors have one or two four pin nylon connectors on them.

yt.png


Yamaha makes adapter harnesses so that a motor with but one four pin connector can connect to a tachometer with two four pin connectors and vice versa.
 
Thanks, that helps to see what I need,

The tach has 5 dip switches I don't see a 12P so I am guessing I turn on the 6P and it should work?
 
I have no idea about that tachometer. The motor at idle will be in the 700 RPM range. Find the setting that gives you the specified idle RPM.
 
Back
Top