Logo

Yamaha 25ELK 6L2K 2-stroke outboard

mborski

Looking for comments on the reliability of this outboard motor. 10/07 manufacture according to the label on the side of the motor. 1032939 H. Looking at purchasing a used 2016 pontoon in very, very good condition. Owners claim the Shawano dealer, that sold them this pontoon, told them this engine was brand new (zero hours on this engine) when they purchased the 16', 2016 pontoon, new in 2017 with a new 2017 pontoon trailer. A bit hard to believe that a power sports dealer would have a brand new, 10 year old, 25 HP motor in his stock. Motor looks to be in very good condition. Current owner claims they have only put about 50 hours on this motor since they have owned it and the motor runs great. Looking to understand the reliability history of this motor. Is there an 'hour meter' on this motor?

Just a typo on your part but the model is 25ELR.

Keep the carburetors clean and it is at the top of the line for Yamaha reliability.

No hour meter on that motor.

The motor has never been registered within the Yamaha USA system. Makes sense if it was ten years old when it was first put into service.

I have one it is a 2009 great engine so far, bought it new. The only thing I would like is to convert the rectifier to a rectifier regulator in my owners manual It says Yamaha had a kit to do that, but I have been unable to locate one. If anybody could chime in on this, that would be great.

Back