Hello all!
In 2024 I bought a boat with a Yamaha 150 HPDI.
The first couple of times it worked fine but then the issues started.
The first thing that happened was when crusing in 20 knots when the engine just lost power. When I once more tried to increase the power it accelerated but then lost power again and stalled (the engine didnt start and the boat had to be towed).
Since then I’ve tried to find the cause for this issue without any success.
i have:
Still the engine have a rough idle and stalls.
Another issue that came up a month ago when doing fault tracing is that it stopped coming cooling water from the ”pisser”.
Since then I have changed the impeller and cleaned the hose and the nozzle downstream the rectifier.
When I flush the system with a garden hose water comes from the nozzle but without the garden hose and with the engine on no water comes from the nozzle.
I havent changed/cleaned the poppet valve or the o2 sensor.
Any ideas on what the cause might be or what to do?
I guess there are at least two different issues with the engine (cooling and rough idle/stalling)
BR Fredrik
In 2024 I bought a boat with a Yamaha 150 HPDI.
The first couple of times it worked fine but then the issues started.
The first thing that happened was when crusing in 20 knots when the engine just lost power. When I once more tried to increase the power it accelerated but then lost power again and stalled (the engine didnt start and the boat had to be towed).
Since then I’ve tried to find the cause for this issue without any success.
i have:
- Changed the water separator filter before the engine
- Changed the water separator filter in the engine
- Cleaned and changed the filter in the VST
- Changed the mystery filters in the high pressure pump and the injectors
- Loosened the screws on the low pressure (membrane) fuel pumps to make a visual inspection and to rule out leakage
- Disconnect the hose from the fuel tank in the boat and run the engine with fresh fuel from a can to rule out fuel contamination
- Connect the engine to Yamaha YDS dignostics to check the parameters available in YDS
Still the engine have a rough idle and stalls.
Another issue that came up a month ago when doing fault tracing is that it stopped coming cooling water from the ”pisser”.
Since then I have changed the impeller and cleaned the hose and the nozzle downstream the rectifier.
When I flush the system with a garden hose water comes from the nozzle but without the garden hose and with the engine on no water comes from the nozzle.
I havent changed/cleaned the poppet valve or the o2 sensor.
Any ideas on what the cause might be or what to do?
I guess there are at least two different issues with the engine (cooling and rough idle/stalling)
BR Fredrik

