Logo

Would like to know year of motor just purchased

chillyattitude

New member
I am hoping anyone can help me

I am hoping anyone can help me find the year of a motor I just got for one of my boats. It is model # E50BELC0B and serial number is J0539352 it is a 50 HP evinrude. Thanks so much for the help and I am sure I will be a regular around here since I am up to 5 boats now with only 3 functional motors.
Thanks in advance
Kerry
 
"Thanks very much vics. Now he

"Thanks very much vics. Now here I am just a few hours later after having 1000$ worth of work on the motor and we took it out on the lake for its first water test. The boat fired up find in the yard several times in fact, even started up perfectly at the lake. We backed out and started to go forward and it just died. Got it restarted in neutral but when we put it in gear again it went about 10 feet and died again. Had a hard time restarting... Wont go in forward for more than ten feet... anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks
Kerry"
 
Sounds a though it might be th

Sounds a though it might be the fuel tank not venting. Is that a tank that has a vent that opens when you connect the fuel line? Or does it have a vented cap?

Try it with the cap lose or off altogether.

But I think it would run a bit longer before stopping

If it is not something as stupid as that and you just spent that much money on it take it back to the mechanic who did the work.
 
That was my first thought as I

That was my first thought as I had run that same gas tank on my 65hp mercury motor and she shut down after 15 minutes of good running. The vent cap had spun closed. But today it was wide open. I took out the spark plugs tonight and they were a little black but not to oily. I cleaned them with sandpaper and reinstalled them and she started right back up and ran for a good ten minutes in idle. I didnt dare engage drive in the yard as I am kinda new to this stuff. It really has never been run since the whole motor was redone about 9 months ago. Could it be a carb problem?? Just so disappointed in it after all that money.
Thanks for any help VicS and anyone else who checks this thread.

Kerry
 
recently acquired a johnson ou

recently acquired a johnson outboard model J10RCTC ser# E5747666 and would like to know year and correct fuel mixture
 
Back
Top